Ed ecco un po' di timor, di nuovo...

Ed ecco un po' di timor, di nuovo...
Risaie sulla strada per l'Est -Rice fields on the way to the East

Wednesday 23 May 2007

the small sweet surprise that can change your day


Since I first came on this side of the emisphere I starte realising how much someone can feel far from home. I'm not there, it takes at least 3 days to go back home or to reach anyone who is anywhere in the nice old continent, there are 7 hours of difference in the time so that if you wake up and you want to write something to your best friend, if you are lucky enough to have a phone, you will still have to wait at least 7 hours before you can here their voice... And then, on the other side there is technology... This is why for the first time in my life I ended up opening a blog, why I love so much writing or receiving emails from friends, why I started to appreciate so much this white square full of small, minuscule lamps in front of me... But despite this evolution, today I had once again this small thing that became big, huge to me and called me down to reality, to a good side of reality. Receiving normal mail -the one written on paper and with seals on top- in this side of the world takes almost one month of travelling from Europe, probably not through romantic caravanserragli, horses, big sailing boats or steam trains, but still a long time, that once again reminds you of how far away you are. This is why when today I received a white envelope, quite thick and written with a handwriting that I know (this is the other nice difference with emails, you don't see the name, you recognise the hand of the person who wrote), I got so incredibly happy and excited. So, thanks you so much Cile, it was really a beautiful present!

No comments: